The Potomac Vintage Riders' York Swap Meet has become one of the largest indoor vintage motorcycle / dirt bike events on the East Coast! This single day event includes a full day of swap meet trading/buying, a used bike-for-sale area (bike corral) and a judged vintage motorcycle show in the center of it all.
The event is held every January at the York, PA Fairgrounds and is all under one roof in the Utz Arena building (75,000 sq.ft.of floor space!). The date is Sunday, January 24, 2021. The show hours are Sunday 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
As they have for the last several years, the Broomworks Vintage crew helped organize and curate the Bike Show in the center of the swap meet. The PVR and Broomworks staff work hard to gather over 100 fine machines – it turns out to be a great collection! Our show winners enjoy hand-made trophies made from vintage cycle parts. See vendor application below.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Location?: Expo Center Arena in the York Fairgrounds, 334 Carlisle Avenue York, PA 17404
2. Swap Contact?: Tommy Grimmel, PVR President, 1-410-925-4586, email@example.com **Please plan ahead to avoid phone calls, texts, etc. the week prior of the event especially in the final days and hours leading up to the event.**
3. Space for me?: Swap vendor mail-in Registration required, see form below. This event typically sells out.
4. Swap & Show date and hours?: Sunday, January 24, 2021. Open at 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
5. What can I expect? The swap meet consists primarily of 60s, 70s & 80s off-road motorcycles, new/used parts and accessories, apparel, etc. – with some Japanese/Euro vintage road machines / parts as well.
6. Swap Meet Vendor & Bike Show Setup/Load-In?: Saturday, January 23, 2021. 10:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. when doors close/lock. No general admission & no vending on Saturday (per our agreement with the York Fairgrounds)
7. Food Concessions?: Yes, Located in the lobby. Cash only.
8. Bikes for Show?: Must be at least 25 years old and pre-approved/pre-registered. No duplicates from the last three years. No chairs/sitting in the display area. No signage (if any) above 18 inches from floor. We will supply information cards that clip to your handlebars.
9. Firearms/weapons?: No sales or displays, not even vintage firearms.
10. Alcohol/Beer?: No alcohol in the building, per our agreement with the York Fairgrounds.
11. Credit cards?: Sorry, admission is cash only.
12. Bike Corral?: Register to sell your machine--- 1 bike $20, 2 bikes $30, 3 bikes $40.
13. Vending in the Parking Lot?: Not allowed, please buy a space inside like everyone else did. 14. Parking Lot Congestion?: Please be courteous when loading and unloading near the building. Do not block doors or access lanes. Move your vehicles to the parking lot when finished loading/unloading.
15. Can I leave my trailer in the parking lot Saturday night?: Yes.
16. Smoking/Vaping?: Not allowed in the building or near doors, per the Fire Marshal.
17. Are my bikes/property safe overnight?: Building is secured & no club members, vendors or attendees have access. The York Fairgrounds personnel secure the building Saturday at 4:30 p.m. and re-open Sunday at 7:00 a.m. (for vendors only).
18. Why is this swap/show only a one-day event?: The main reason is the fee increase from York Fairgrounds (over $8,000 additional) for Saturday vending and Friday setup – which the vendors would have to pay for. Another reason is the increase in personnel costs– ticket sales, vendor registration, door control, etc. We do not believe there would be a significant enough increase in attendees for a two-day event to justify the cost. However, the board reviews this each year.
Stay tuned for 2021 vendor form, check back this fall.